1 and half cups plain flour
half cup of cornmeal
half cup of golden caster sugar
3 tsp baking powder
half tsp salt
zest of one lemon
100g butter, melted and cooled
juice of one lemon
1. Line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Mix all the wet ingredients together in a jug.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently with a wooden spoon. Do not beat, the mixture should look lumpy.
4. Split the mixture between the 10 muffin cases – I use an ice cream scoop to easily distribute the mixture.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180CFan until they are firm to the touch and a cake tester comes out of the muffins clean.