1 and a half cups oats
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1 tsp ground ginger
4oz butter or margarine
1 heaped tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp water
1. Mix together all the dry ingredients.
2. Melt together the butter or margarine, the syrup and the water in a small pan.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
4. Grease several baking sheets or line with baking parchment and roll the mix into walnut size balls before placing them, very spread out onto them.
5. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes at 180C/ 160fan/ 360F.
6. Remove from oven and remove to a wire rack using a fish slice and let cool before eating.